Questions that are fresh in your mind about franchising with Papa Gino's
WHY IS PAPA GINO’S A MARKET STANDOUT AND A GREAT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY?
Papa Gino’s is New England's premier Italian restaurant chain in the Quick Service Restaurant industry. Average sales at Papa Gino’s have exceeded expectations. We serve 1.1 million people every month, 60% of whom visit at least three times per month.
HOW MANY COMPANY OWNED RESTAURANTS DOES PAPA GINO’S OPERATE?
More than 150 restaurants.
WHAT SUPPORT SYSTEMS DOES PAPA GINO’S PROVIDE TO FRANCHISEES?
- Real Estate
- Market Planning
- Marketing & Advertising
- New Product Development
- Accounting System
- Industry Expertise
- Ongoing Operational Support
CAN I OPEN A SINGLE RESTAURANT?
Single restaurant development opportunities are available in select New England markets. Multi-unit Area Development Agreements require a minimum of three restaurants developed over a three-year period.
HOW MUCH MONEY DO I NEED TO OPEN A PIZZA FRANCHISE?
Franchise candidates must have $250,000 in liquid capital non-borrowed personal resources (e.g. cash, marketable securities, stocks, etc.) along with an overall net worth (total assets minus total liabilities) of $500,000 to qualify for single unit development. Financing is to be secured through third-party lending sources. The total cost of each restaurant varies by size and location.
WHAT IS THE SIZE OF A PROTOTYPICAL PAPA GINO’S RESTAURANT?
2,200 square feet (30' x 75')
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BE APPROVED FOR A PIZZA FRANCHISE?
Initial financial approval takes approximately one week; final approval can take up to six weeks.
WHAT IS THE TERM OF A FRANCHISE AGREEMENT AND DO YOU OFFER FINANCING?
A 20-year Franchise Agreement is awarded to qualified individuals. We are listed on the SBA Registry; we can refer you to third-party financing.
DO YOU OFFER FINANCIAL INCENTIVES TO VETERANS?
As a member of the International Franchise Association we participate in IFA's VetFran Program. All honorably discharged veterans qualify for a 25% discount on the initial franchise fee for the first restaurant developed.
WHO SIGNS THE LEASE AGREEMENT?
You will execute a lease agreement; we do not sign leases.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE FRANCHISE AGREEMENT IS SIGNED?
Before you open:
- Site selection We assist you with finding an experienced Realtor to help you secure a location.
- Restaurant design We provide you and your architect with a floor plan and equipment specifications for a standard Papa Gino’s restaurant.
- Equipment ordering We work with our approved vendors to provide you with an equipment package that meets your build-out schedules.
- Construction We hold preconstruction meetings with your contractor, review biweekly construction reports and review the final punch list.
- Training We offer an intensive eight-week training program led by a certified trainer and held at our corporate headquarters as well as in one of our training restaurants.
After you open:
- Field support A Franchise Business Consultant will assist you in evaluating all aspects of your business.
- Operations manual Your operations manual covers all of the topics that pertain to running your daily business.
- Franchise support services Ongoing communication and assistance are provided through everything from on-site visits to monthly newsletters to quarterly meetings.
- Research and development We conduct ongoing research and development in our state-of-the-art test kitchen.
- Continuing education You’ll learn about changes, updates, new products and services through phone calls, weekly newsletters, monthly franchise information updates, periodic franchise operations meetings and committee meetings.
IF MY PIZZA FRANCHISE IS ONE OF THE FIRST IN A MARKET, HOW DO I CAPITALIZE ON THE STRENGTH OF THE PAPA GINO’S BRAND TO ATTRACT CUSTOMERS?
Our marketing energies are focused on developing brand awareness of the daytime population among the restaurant’s trade area (typically defined as a six-minute drive time from the restaurant). As more locations open in a specific market the Papa Gino’s brand message is reinforced and additional marketing opportunities arise.
Three percent of sales goes to our Advertising Fund; of the advertising funds contributed, approximately 2.5% is spent directly on media within the market where it is generated. New restaurants contribute $4,000 for introductory advertising, which will be spent on local marketing programs specifically designed to attract guests to your new restaurant.
Our Local Restaurant Marketing Program includes:
- Local promotional programs Direct mail, newspaper, and FSIs to distribute coupons and stimulate trial.
- Catering Our Catering Program can provide meals for large office gatherings, pharmaceutical sales presentations, sporting events or any large get-together in the area.
- Locally developed canvassing Door hangings and local business partnering.
- Cross-promotional programs Partnering with regional and national brands.
All restaurants benefit from system-wide marketing campaigns developed by our marketing team and a retained advertising agency. Restaurants can participate in promotions arranged with high-profile sponsors such as Coca-Cola®, Frito-Lay® and other national brands. By participating in our long-standing affiliation with Easter Seals and The Genesis Fund you can also further establish your restaurant within the community.
Papa Gino’s also retains a national public relations agency that develops marketing communications for distribution to local media in order to build awareness of and excitement about the opening of each restaurant.
CAN I SELL MY BUSINESS?
Your Papa Gino’s pizza franchise can be sold; Papa Gino’s Franchising Corporation must approve the buyer. The terms and conditions pertaining to selling your business are found in our FDD.
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS IN THE FRANCHISE APPLICATION PROCESS?
Submit an Application Form.
Our application form can be downloaded (PDF) and faxed to (781)329-8796
Or mailed to:
Papa Gino’s Franchising Corporation
600 Providence Highway
Dedham, MA. 02026
Contact Information: 1.800.PAPAGINO, ext. 645 or [email protected]
After we receive and review your application, we will contact you to schedule a meeting with a Papa Gino’s representative.